Syncing text messages between two phones gives you the ability to send and receive them on two smartphones. How do you manage texts on two or more devices?
To sync texts between two iPhones, use the same Apple ID on the devices, enable Messages in iCloud. To sync messages between Android phones, use an SMS forwarding app or use Messages for Web in Google Messages. To sync messages from Android to iPhone, also use Messages for Web interface.
Let’s dig in and explore how someone else can look at your texts from another phone.
- Can two phones receive same text message?
- Can someone look at your texts from another phone?
- How do you sync messages between two iPhones?
- Why am I getting my wife’s text messages on my iPhone?
- How can I get someone else’s texts sent to my iPhone?
- Can someone read my texts through iCloud?
- Can my incoming cell phone calls and texts be diverted to someone else’s phone without my knowledge?
- How can I stop remote accessing of my text messages from unauthorized individuals?
- How can I check if I’m syncing with another phone or devices?
- How do I receive a message from my old number on an Android onto my new phone?
Can two phones receive same text message?
Two phones can receive the same text message. This is true for both Android smartphones and iPhones.
For Android smartphones
Concerning two Android smartphones, you need to have an SMS forwarding app installed on the devices. This allows you to forward text messages from one smartphone to another.
You will find a variety of SMS forwarding apps on the Play Store. Examples include Forward SMS texting w/ 2phones and Automatically forward SMS to your PC/phone.
Concerning iPhones, the first thing is to ensure you are signed with the same Apple ID on both devices to receive text messages. You also need to enable the Messages in Cloud feature on iPhones to view the texts from the Messages app.
Read on learn how to turn on the Messages in iCloud feature to make texts available on all signed-in devices.
Can someone look at your texts from another phone?
Someone can look at your text messages from another phone whether you have an iPhone or an Android device.
When both you and the other person have an iPhone and these are logged in to the same Apple ID, then your messages will sync to the other’s iPhone through iCloud.
When you have an Android smartphone, then your messages can sync to another person’s phone in a browser. This is possible through the Device Pairing feature of the Google Messages app on your Android device.
With both iPhones and Android smartphones, someone could also have installed a spying app on your phone and monitor your text messages from his or her phone.
How do you sync messages between two iPhones?
To sync messages between two iPhones, you need to set up iCloud and make sure that both the iPhones are logged in with the same Apple ID. Then you can enable the Messages in iCloud feature in the following way:
- Open Settings.
- Tap on your name at the top.
- Tap on iCloud.
- Navigate to Messages in “Apps using iCloud” and turn it on – switch will turn green.
Ensure you turn on the feature on both iPhones to sync messages between them.
It’s also required that you use two-factor authentication for your Apple ID and enable iCloud Keychain:
- Go to Settings> Your Name >iCloud> Keychain
- Turn on iCloud Keychain.
Why am I getting my wife’s text messages on my iPhone?
If your wife is also using an iPhone, you may be getting your wife’s text messages on your iPhone. There could be two main reasons behind it:
1. Using the same Apple ID on both the iPhones
Both you and your wife’s iPhones are signed using the same Apple ID. This may be why both iPhones are receiving text messages at the same time.
2. Messages in iCloud is turned on
Messages in iCloud is turned on both iPhones. As a result, text messages are syncing between both devices.
To stop getting your wife’s text messages on your phone, you can do the following:
- Use a different Apple ID on each device.
- Turn off Messages in iCloud on both devices.
- Use a different Apple ID for only the Messages app on each iPhone. This can be done by navigating to Settings>Messages>Send & Receive and signing out of your current Apple ID, then sign in using a different Apple ID.
How can I get someone else’s texts sent to my iPhone?
There are different ways through which you can get someone else’s text sent on your iPhone as follows:
Using iCloud backups
You can use iCloud backups to see someone else’s text messages on your iPhone.
As explained, you and the target person should be using the same Apple ID and the Messages in iCloud feature should be enabled. Then you can view the text messages backed up to iCloud on your iPhone, including that on the other person’s iPhone.
Using smartphone monitoring app
You can use a smartphone monitoring app such as mSpy. It’s a paid software with a free trial that allows you to read someone’s texts after installing it on the target’s phone.
The mSpy software needs the target phone’s Apple ID and password. It works by gathering information from the target’s phone and sending it to your mSpy account.
You can view the information, including text messages, using a browser on your computer or mobile including iPhone.
Using Messages for Web in Google Messages app
You can view the texts on another person’s Android device in a browser on your iPhone. This can be done by pairing your iPhone to the Android phone through the Messages for Web feature.
Read on to learn the precise steps for this procedure.
Can someone read my texts through iCloud?
Someone can surely read your text messages stored in the Cloud. There can be different possibilities as to how this can be done.
Using Messages in iCloud
If the Messages in iCloud feature is enabled on different Apple devices (e.g. iPhones, iPad, and Mac computers) and those devices are signed in with the same Apple ID, then the text messages will sync across devices.
This means that you may be able to see others’ messages and others may be able to view your messages.
Using spy software
You can find different spy software online that can send the texts on the target person’s phone to another device such as a computer for monitoring.
If you are the target person being monitored, it’s possible that someone has installed the spy software on your iPhone and is viewing your messages without your knowing it.
That other person also needs to have your Apple ID and password to install the software on your phone and perform authentication.
Using iOS data recovery software
Others can also view your texts on iCloud through iOS data recovery tools such as iMobie PhoneRescue. This specific tool allows for downloading iCloud backups to a Windows or Mac computer. After this, messages stored in iCloud can be viewed.
Can my incoming cell phone calls and texts be diverted to someone else’s phone without my knowledge?
Call diversion is a mobile feature that redirects calls and messages to someone else.
It’s not possible for your incoming phone calls to be diverted to someone else’s phone unless the other person has had physical access to your phone.
Another possible way is for your mobile service provider to divert your incoming calls or messages.
There could also be a third-party app installed on your phone which could be the cause of call and SMS diverting.
If you suspect your calls and SMS have been diverted without your knowledge, dial *#21# on your phone’s dialer to check it out on your phone. You’ll see the numbers that are getting your calls, messages, and data. Then dial ##002# to erase all diversions.
See also: Text Message Sent But Not Delivered?
How can I stop remote accessing of my text messages from unauthorized individuals?
Unauthorized individuals may be able to remotely access your text messages without your knowledge. Here are general tips for Android and iOS users to prevent this from happening:
- Avoid handing your smartphone to others.
- Use a strong password or passcode for your device.
- If you fear someone has installed a spying app on your Android phone, search for it in Settings>Apps & notifications using terms like “spy” and “monitor”. If you find apps that are suspicious or unknown, uninstall them.
- iPhone users need to change their Apple ID password since many spying apps rely on that for monitoring. You can search for terms like “spy” on the App Store and delete any app found.
- As an Apple user, avoid sharing your Apple ID and password with others.
See also: How To Cancel Messages On Android?
How can I check if I’m syncing with another phone or devices?
You can check whether you’re syncing with another phone or device in the following way:
Checking for sync on Android device
- Ensure you are signed in to your Google Account.
- Open Play Store on your device.
- Tap on your initial or profile picture on the top-right and select Manage your Google Account.
- Go to the Security tab -> “Your devices” section.
Here you’ll see the list of synced devices.
Checking for sync on iPhone
- Ensure you are signed in to your Apple ID on your iPhone.
- Tap on Settings>Your Name and scroll down.
You’ll see the devices that are signed in to your Apple ID and synced with your phone. You can also view the device’s details such as model, OS version, and serial number.
How do I receive a message from my old number on an Android onto my new phone?
You can send and receive messages from your old number on an Android smartphone onto your new phone using the Google Messages app on your Android phone and a browser on your new phone.
The Messages for Web feature (now known as Device Pairing) of Google Messages is used in the following way:
- Make sure you are running the latest version of Google Messages on your Android phone. Also, ensure both your phones are connected to mobile data or Wi-Fi.
- Open a new browser tab or window on your new phone and go to messages.google.com/web/. A QR code will show up.
- If you want to use your new phone frequently for syncing messages from your old phone, turn on the switch for Remember This Computer. Otherwise, leave the switch off.
- Open Google Messages on your Android phone and tap on the three dots in the upper right corner.
- Navigate to Device Pairing>QR code scanner.
- Use your Android mobile to scan the QR code on the webpage on your new phone.
- When done, all the messages on your Android phone will sync with the webpage on your new phone – you’ll see an interface similar to the Google Messages app on your Android phone.
You can now send and receive messages on your new phone as you would on Android with your old phone number. When you receive a new message on Messages for Web, you will be notified through a notification banner on your screen and a notification sound.