Subway Surfers uses Unity game engine and is available on iOS, Android, HarmonyOS, Kindle and Windows Phone platforms.
- Why is my Subway Surfers not updating?
- Does Subway Surfers still get updates?
- How do I update Subway Surfers on my Kindle Fire?
- What are the versions of subway surfers?
- Can you update Subway Surfers without Play Store?
- Can I play Subway Surfers without downloading?
- Can’t update Subway Surfers on Microsoft device
Why is my Subway Surfers not updating?
Subway Surfers developers update the game regularly. Updating the Subway Surfers game is normally an easy process.
If you are unable to update Subway Surfers, here are a few things to check:
- First check if your Wi-Fi and data connections are working properly.
- Check if you are properly logged in to the Play Store or App Store
- Check if the version of you’re trying to install is supported by your Android or iOS version based on your device
- Check that your device storage has enough space left for the additional data of the new version
- If your device has storage shortage, delete unnecessary files or apps to create some space
- As a last resort, reboot your device and try to update Subway Surfers again.
Going through the above steps will generally help you fix most Subway Surfers update-related issues.
How to update Subway Surfers on Android?
Here are Subway Surfers minimum specifications requirements on Android:
- CPU: 800 MHz or higher
- Ram: 512 MB
- Processor: Mali 400, Adreno 205 or higher
- Memory: 200 MB free space
- Operating System: Android 5 or above
If your Android device meets these requirements, follow these instructions to update Subway Surfers.
- Enter Google Play Store on your android device
- Make sure you are properly logged in with a google account
- Search ‘Subway Surfers’ from the search bar
- Select Subway Surfers app > tap the ‘Update’ icon
You can see the update progress from the notification bar. Once the update is fully downloaded, it may take a bit of time to sync.
After syncing, Subway Surfers is updated and ready to play.
How to update Subway Surfers on iOS?
Subway Surfers is the 2nd most downloaded game on the App Store with over 1 billion downloads.
Minimum requirements to play Subway Surfers on an iOS device:
- Device: iPhone 4s, iPod 5, iPad 2 or newer
- Operating System: iOS 11 or later
- Memory: 300 MB free space
If your iOS device meets these requirements follow these instructions to update Subway Surfers.
- From the App Library search for App Store and enter the app
- At the bottom right of your screen select the ‘Search’ section
- From the search bar search ‘Subway Surfers’
- Once you find the Subway Surfers app, tap ‘Update’
Does Subway Surfers still get updates?
Subway Surfers still gets regular updates after over a decade in the market.
SYBO Games releases Subway Surfers updates every three to four weeks. Updates are generally released after the previous update’s Weekly Hunt or Season Hunt ends.
This current version features:
- The Subway Surfers World Tour tells stories of mythology in Greece!
- Play through the Greece Season Hunt and unlock the stone-cold new surfer Moira
- Run your way through the labyrinth of tracks and unlock Nikos’s new Hopper Outfit
- Take a break with the Tag Team Challenge in Venice Beach
- The Super Runner Challenge gets a reFRESH – get to the end and unlock Super Runner Fresh!
How do I update Subway Surfers on my Kindle Fire?
Amazon App Store has more than 16000 apps. Amazon Fire users can download and use most of the apps for free. Subway Surfers is also available on Amazon App Store.
Follow these steps to update Subway Surfers on your Kindle/Amazon Fire:
- Home screen > tap apps
- From the top right side of the screen tap ‘Store’
- Tap ‘Menu’ icon from the bottom of the screen
- Select the ‘Apps Update’ section
- Available apps updates are displayed
- Select ‘Subway Surfers’
- Tap ‘Update’ > download the updated version
What are the versions of subway surfers?
The first ever version of Subway Surfers 1.0.0 was released on May 24, 2012 in the App Store and September 20, 2012 in the Play Store.
Since the release of Subway Surfers 1.0.0, more than 220 different updates have been released .
Updates include some minor updates with a few bug fixes, and major updates in which Subway Surfers adds new Characters and Hoverboards or re-releases existing ones.
Subway Surfers version 2.38.0 is the latest version of the game. See the section “Does Subway Surfers still get updates?” earlier for more about the current version.
Is there a Subway Surfers 2?
Third party developers used html5 technology to create Subway Surfers 2 and made it available on PC and Mobile web. You can play Subway Surfers 2 online for free on your Computer, Android devices and Apple devices.
Subway Surfers 2 is not official. Kiloo or SYBO Games, the developers and publishers of Subway Surfers, never announced Subway Surfers 2.
There are a lot of other Subway Surfers theme based games including:
An endless runner game developed and published by Kiloo.
Kiloo had selected AppGallery (Huawei’s exclusive app store) for their game MetroLand’s debut.
MetroLand is based on the Subway Surfers game and it takes place across a number of cities and includes seven areas that unlock as progress is made.
Super Subway Surf
Another endless runner game based on Subway Surfers. Super Subway Surf is an Microsoft App Store exclusive app. All the gaming features and mechanisms in Super Subway Surf are similar to Subway Surfers.
Can you update Subway Surfers without Play Store?
Subway Surfers is available on all mobile gaming platforms including Play Store, Google’s official app store for Android devices.
However, you can play Subway Surfers without the Play Store.
On android devices you can download apps directly from the web. But you need to make a few changes in your device settings before you can install and use the app.
- Go to ‘Settings’
- Enter ‘Security & privacy’ option
- Scroll down to ‘Install unknown apps’
- Select ‘Chrome’ > turn on ‘Allow app installs’ option
After these steps, search for ‘subway surfers download’ on Google Chrome. You will find many sites from which to download the Subway Surfers game for free.
You can download the latest or past versions of the Subway Surfers game from here.
APKPure is a website that works as an Application Store for Android and Android based devices. APKPure is trusted and used by millions of people worldwide. Thousands of android apps including Subway Surfers are available in APKPure.
Can I play Subway Surfers without downloading?
You can play Subway Surfers online without downloading.
Poki is an online gaming platform which features over 1000 games. Every month more than 30 million gamers play their favorite games on Poki.
Can’t update Subway Surfers on Microsoft device
Microsoft devices have their own app store named the Microsoft App Store, which has more than 16000 apps. Subway Surfers is also available on Microsoft App Store.
If you are unable to update Subway Surfers on your Microsoft devices, check the following.
- Check that your Internet connection is working properly
- Make sure you are properly logged in to your Microsoft Play Store using a Microsoft account
- Check if the version you are trying to update to is supported by your Microsoft device and your Windows version
- Check if your Microsoft device has enough storage left for the additional data of the new version
- As a last resort, restart your device.
However, if you are still unable to update Subway Surfers on your Microsoft devices, here are two things you can try.
The Soft reset method is completely safe to use in update related problems.
- Keep your Microsoft device turned on
- Press and hold the physical Power button and volume down button of you device until you feel a vibration
- Do not touch anywhere on your device during the process, let it restart on its own
After the device restart you should be able to update Subway Surfers.
The hard reset process will remove all the data from your Microsoft device and bring it back to factory settings (the state when the device was first turned on). But hard reset does not delete operating system updates.
You need to backup all your data before you perform a hard reset. Hard reset is also a time consuming process and can take anywhere between 30-60 minutes to complete. Sometimes your device may not wake up after the reset.
For these reasons, we only recommend a hard reset as a very last resort .
Microsoft developers take more time than others to release updates or fixes.
So updates available on Android or iOS may come later for your Microsoft device. Wait patiently for a few days and keep checking for updates.